Find a social network that doesn't pry into your data or monetize your profile.
Mastodon - Twitter Alternative
Mastodon is a social network based on open web protocols and free, open-source software. It is decentralized like email, users can exist on different servers or even different platforms but still communicate with each other. It also has the most users, and the most diverse (in terms of interests) users, it looks good, and it is easy to setup yourself.
diaspora* - Google+ Alternative
diaspora* is based on three key philosophies: Decentralization, Freedom, and Privacy. It is intended to address privacy concerns related to centralized social networks by allowing users set up their own server (or "pod") to host content. Pods can then interact to share status updates, photographs, and other social data.
Friendica - Facebook Alternative
Friendica has an emphasis on extensive privacy settings and easy server installation. It aims to federate with as many other social networks as possible. Currently, Friendica users can integrate contacts from Facebook, Twitter, Diaspora, GNU social, App.net, Pump.io and other services in their social streams.
PixelFed - Instagram Alternative
Pleroma - Twitter Alternative
Pleroma is a free, federated social networking server built on open protocols. It is compatible with Mastodon and many other ActivityPub and OStatus implementations.
- Movim - A federated social platform that relies on the XMPP standard and therefore allows you to exchange with many other clients on all devices.
- JustDeleteMe - A directory of direct links to delete your account from web services.
- Forget - A service that automatically deletes your old posts on Twitter and Mastodon that everyone has forgotten about.
- How do I permanently delete my Facebook account?
- Facebook Container by Mozilla
- Stop using Facebook - A curated list of reasons to stop using Facebook and how to do it.
Privacy Guides is a socially motivated website that provides information for protecting your data security and privacy.
Unless otherwise noted, the original content on this website is made available under a CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication.