Get working and collaborating without sharing your documents with a middleman or trusting a cloud provider.
CryptPad is a private-by-design alternative to popular office tools and cloud services. All content is end-to-end encrypted. It is free and open-source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. The development team is supported by donations and grants. No registration is required, and it can be used anonymously via Tor Browser.
- Cryptee - Free privacy-friendly service for storing Documents, files and Photos
- EtherCalc - EtherCalc is a web spreadsheet. Data is saved on the web, and people can edit the same document at the same time. Changes are instantly reflected on all screens. Work together on inventories, survey forms, list management, brainstorming sessions.
- Disroot - Free privacy-friendly service that offers Etherpad, EtherCalc and PrivateBin.
- dudle - An online scheduling application, free and open-source. Schedule meetings or make small online polls. No email collection or the need of registration.
- Framadate - A free and open-source online service for planning an appointment or making a decision quickly and easily. No registration is required.
- LibreOffice - Free and open-source office suite.
- VSCodium - Scripts to automatically build Microsoft's Visual Studio Code editor without branding or telemetry.
MAT2 is free software, which allows the removal of metadata of image, audio, torrent, and document file types. It provides both a command line tool and a graphical user interface via an extension for Nautilus, the default file manager of GNOME.
VeraCrypt - Disk Encryption
VeraCrypt is a source-available freeware utility used for on-the-fly encryption. It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file or encrypt a partition or the entire storage device with pre-boot authentication. VeraCrypt is a fork of the discontinued TrueCrypt project. It was initially released on June 22, 2013. According to its developers, security improvements have been implemented and issues raised by the initial TrueCrypt code audit have been addressed.
GNU Privacy Guard - Email Encryption
GnuPG is a GPL-licensed alternative to the PGP suite of cryptographic software. GnuPG is compliant with RFC 4880, which is the current IETF standards track specification of OpenPGP. Current versions of PGP (and Veridis' Filecrypt) are interoperable with GnuPG and other OpenPGP-compliant systems. GnuPG is a part of the Free Software Foundation's GNU software project, and has received major funding from the German government.
- Cryptomator - Free client-side AES encryption for your cloud files. Open source software: No backdoors, no registration.
- Linux Unified Key Setup (LUKS) - A full disk encryption system for Linux using dm-crypt as the disk encryption backend. Included by default in Ubuntu. Available for Windows and Linux.
- Tomb - A simple zsh script for making LUKS containers on the commandline.
- Kryptor - Free and open source file encryption software for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Privacy Guides is a socially motivated website that provides information for protecting your data security and privacy.
Unless otherwise noted, the original content on this website is made available under a CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication.