Community Code of Conduct¶
We pledge to make our community a harassment-free experience for everyone.
We strive to create a positive environment, using welcoming and inclusive language, and being respectful of the viewpoints of others.
We do not allow inappropriate or otherwise unacceptable behavior, such as sexualized language, trolling and insulting comments, or otherwise promoting intolerance or harassment.
What we expect from members of our communities:
Do not spread misinformation
We are creating an evidence-based educational community around information privacy and security, not an information home for conspiracy theories. For example, when making a claim that a certain piece of software is malicious or that certain telemetry data is privacy invasive; explain in detail what is collected and how it collected. Claims of this nature must be backed by technical evidence.
Do not abuse our willingness to help
Our community members are not free tech support. We are happy to help with specific steps for individual's, privacy journey, if they are willing to put in effort. We are not obligated to answer endless, repetitive questions, about general computer problems solvable with a simple internet search. Do not become a help vampire.
Behave in a positive and constructive manner
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences.
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward others.
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as overseers, but for the overall community.
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback within' our community while growing and improving.
- Operating with a communal mindset at all times.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Any other conduct which would reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
- Public and/or private harassment of any kind.
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical address and/or email address, without a persons explicit permission.
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind.
- Trolling, insulting and/or derogatory comments, including personal or political attacks.
Our Code of Conduct applies within all project spaces, as well as when an individual is representing the Privacy Guides project in other communities.
We are responsible for clarifying the standards of our community and have the right to remove or alter the comments of those participating within our community, as necessary and at our discretion.
If you observe a problem on a platform like Matrix or Reddit, please contact our moderators on that platform via chat, direct message, or any designated "Modmail" system.
If you have a problem elsewhere, or a problem that our community moderators are unable to resolve, reach out to
All community leaders are obligated to respect the privacy and security of reporters for all incidents.
Share this website and spread privacy knowledge
Copy this text to easily share Privacy Guides with your friends and family on any social network!